In the current version of the WSRM from the WS-RX TC, it says:
Many errors can interrupt a conversation. Messages can be lost, duplicated or reordered. Further the host systems can experience failures and lose volatile state.
This got me thinking that why has it to be a conversation and even though I haven't read it yet I guess it doesn't have to, but ex. there is no need for in-order if there is just one message, so it could just be this way to have an advanced use case/scenario. Any way this and the stuff about setting up a context made me recall that I once looked at the WS-Secure Conversation proposal at some time - how does that fit in? I went on a search and discovered that there actually three exchange TC's in Oasis:
- OASIS Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) TC
- OASIS Web Services Secure Exchange (WS-SX) TC
- OASIS Web Services Transaction (WS-TX) TC
So what specifications are they working on and what's the status?
OASIS Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) TC
The following specification sets produced by this TC underwent the first Public Review cycle from Aug 24, 2006 to Oct 21, 2006:
- Web Services Reliable Messaging v1.1 (Committee Draft 04, August 11, 2006)
- Web Services ReliableMessaging Policy Assertion (WS-RM Policy) (Committee Draft 04, August 11, 2006)
OASIS Web Services Secure Exchange (WS-SX) TC
There has been a public review for the WS-Trust and WS-SecureConversation specifications, as described in the Public Review Announcement, and it was from the 5 September 2006 to the 14 November 2006:
- WS-SecureConversation 1.3 (Committee Draft 01, 06 September 2006)
- WS-Trust 1.3 (Committee Draft 01, 06 September 2006)
OASIS Web Services Transaction (WS-TX) TC
This is the most actual with the 3 specifications listed below in Technical Work Produced by the Committee are the approved Committee Specifications that the OASIS membership is considering (throughout March 2007) adopting as an OASIS Standard.
- Web Services Coordination (WS-Coordination) Version 1.1 (Committee Specification, 8 February 2007 )
- Web Services Atomic Transaction (WS-AtomicTransaction) Version 1.1 (Committee Specification, 8 February 2007)
- Web Services Business Activity (WS-BusinessActivity) Version 1.1 (Committee Specification, 8 February 2007)